NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

3 posters

SES light again

danfiveten
    danfiveten

SES light again Empty SES light again

Post by danfiveten March 9th 2009, 7:38 pm

So i was driving down to salem yesterday and my ses light came on again. so stoped at schucks and ran the code, and its my maf? wtf. Ive had my cai in for a lmost a month and no ses light, now all a sudden i get one, i checked all connections. Said maf low input. Any ideas guys.
    shot_calla
    shot_calla

SES light again Empty Re: SES light again

Post by shot_calla March 9th 2009, 9:18 pm

I know you recently added a CAI, was it used? Did you do anything with the filter? Oil it up?

I searched google real quick and this is what I came up with for "maf low input"... Is P0102 the code you got?

Causes

A code P0102 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* The MAF may be disconnected, or a wiring connection may be bad
    * The MAF may be dirty or otherwise contaminated (Note: if you use a reusable oiled air filter, be careful not to apply too much oil or that can contaminate the MAF).
    * The MAF sensor may be faulty
    * The vehicle computer may be faulty (very rare)

Possible Solutions

The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:

* Verify that the Mass Air Flow Sensor wiring is connected properly and that there are no broken / frayed wires.
    * Inspect for any air leaks near the MAF sensor.
    * Take the MAF out and clean it using a spray cleaner such as brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner. Be gentle with the sensor.
    * Check the voltage of the MAF sensor (refer to a repair manual for vehicle specific information)
    * Replace the MAF sensor.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten March 9th 2009, 11:55 pm

Thanks shot, thats the code i got. I unpluged the maf, cleaned it and put it back in, but i cant get the code to reset, i had a pita time reseting last time. I just hate that ses light showing up lol.
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 March 9th 2009, 11:59 pm

The post by shot_calla covers most of it.

Go buy yourself some CRC, MAF cleaner...Great stuff. Pull out MAF (pay attention to direction) and clean with that.

Also check the wires that go into the connector to make sure none have twisted or bent enough to break.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:42 am