NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

3 posters

carsponsors.com

cdc88
    cdc88

carsponsors.com Empty carsponsors.com

Post by cdc88 February 6th 2009, 5:15 pm

have you heard or gone to carsponsors.com?
    i sign up a while ago, i started getting calls from them but then i told them that i wasnt interested any more.
    do you think its true you can get free parts, or is it all just a hoax?
    clouderold

carsponsors.com Empty Re: carsponsors.com

Post by clouderold February 6th 2009, 7:42 pm

I just started filling out the application, why not? Well, once you get on there it says they charge you a $99 fee if you are accepted into the program, but then people contact you. Tempting, but I don't want to be hit up for a neon underbody kit and a bunch of tacky shit and get charged $99 for it.. :/
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 February 12th 2009, 4:19 pm

I suppose I am the last person that should comment on this, but I can at least speak from experience since I have 2 sponsors. As far as going through carsponsors...IDK???? I don't like the idea of shelling out cash and then hoping that someone with a reputable product contacts you. Sorry, not into being sponsored for air fresheners.

In my experience with V-LEDS, what has gotten me the sponsorship has been a commitment to doing something that will benefit the sponsor. V-LEDS just kind of happened. At the time, they had already done a few partial sponsorships and had never really seen any sort of return for their investment. In my case, they see my car whenever I drive it to work, know that I keep it clean whenever possible, help out with new ideas and product testing, and promote the hell out of their products on the web and at meets/shows. A little more involved that just tossing parts and stickers on your ride.

In regards to RacingLine...Taz and I talked about it shortly after the big meet last June. I don't think he was quite ready at the time. I know that he has followed my efforts with V-LEDS, and I think that was what finally tipped the balance. Unlike V-LEDS, he had already sponsored a couple of Gen3 Altimas, so the question was what I could do for him that the others could not. Again, it comes down to the PR efforts. Having a car that is consistently on the first page of CarDomain with his logo on it appealed to him.

All in all...Sponsorship is as much work as it is fun. I feel fortunate to be able to represent 2 companies with great products, and I love the PR side as well...Maybe that's why I do sales for a living though. Very Happy
    clouderold

Post by clouderold February 12th 2009, 7:15 pm

They have called me about 5 times and sent a bunch of emails since I filled out half the application, I didn't even submit anything but they are relentless. I've heard from countless people that once you sign up they say no more free parts are available and you can buy stuff at a discounted rate that isn't very much of a discount.. They called me and told me they had a turbo waiting for my car and I said okay so if I sign up right now you'll ship it and they were like yeah we'll start the process. Scam scam scam.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 7:04 pm