NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

3 posters

Snow Storm Stories

mad hatter
    mad hatter

Snow Storm Stories Empty Snow Storm Stories

Post by mad hatter January 9th 2009, 6:32 am

Since we all live in a climate where it can really come down if it wants to, let's hear your best snow storm story!

Here's mine:
    3 winters ago I was living in the Cypress Hills, in the SE corner of Alberta, because I was teaching skiing at the local hill. One day it started snowing about 8am, and didn't stop all day. When I drove back into the townsite I was plowing snow up to my wheel wells. Needless to say I got stuck... There was so much snow under my car I got high centered. About 2.5 hours of digging and tire smoke I got out. I didn't want to risk the snow covered gravel driveway so I parked across the street.

To my surprise it snowed through the night. When I woke up the next morning I looked out my window to see my car buried to the top of the wheels. I got ready and as I was walking down to my car, the snowplow came by, not the grater...the snowplow. Needless to say it launched the snow up over my car and buried the back half. Cursing I walked to the car and got even more mad when I saw that the wind had brought snow up over my hood almost halfway up the windshield.

I called in sick that day...
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Snow Storm Stories Empty Re: Snow Storm Stories

Post by danfiveten January 9th 2009, 2:42 pm

3 Years ago when we had that other ice storm i was in my 510 and was on whats now padden parkway turning a left to get on the freeway, well the ice got the better of me and i spun around, thought i was going to slam into the meridian, I downshifted and pulled the e brake, got back control and was going in the same direction perfectly fine on the road. My eyes were wide as hell and i was freaked out for about 10 miles.

Here a few weeks ago in my altima i had the same thing happen when running my gf's roomie to work, the damn 4x4's had worn such groves in the freaking snow when i tried to change lanes, even with chains my car went completley sideways, i pulled the e brake and got us back on the road, while my gf and her roomie were screaming. Man im a good driver, lol. Smile
    clouderold

Post by clouderold January 16th 2009, 7:03 pm

Ran to the store in my buddies tiburon GT the other day (in the middle of that "snow storm" and we were following a cop with chains, we had snow and ice tires but no chains. Cop is an idiot and we're stupid for following where he's driving, we go half way over a median, so the left wheels are over one of the little yellow lane dividers and the right ones aren't, we realize this as we start sliding because the left rear tire is over it still after the left front comes over it, we start going sideways and hit a curb at about 40mph, cracked the front bumper in half. Cop just kept going, we put it in reverse and drove away. We were right between 2 decorative trees when we stopped, 6 inches in either direction and we would have hit either tree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content