NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

3 posters

Sub install?

Gene 3.5
    Gene 3.5

Sub install? Empty Sub install?

Post by Gene 3.5 August 27th 2009, 12:38 am

I am ICE illiterate. When it comes to replacing a valve cover gasket, alternator, starter, etc. I can do it in my sleep. Hell, when it comes to changing plugs on a 3.5 I can do it in less then 45 minutes. But get me into all these wires and I start to lose my hair faster then I already am. I've purchased two Kicker CVR8 subs to replace the stock BOSE 6X9s in the rear deck. I've taken apart the rear deck to find that gaining access is pretty easy just don't want to cross the wrong wires and screw something up. Any one know a place that wont charge me a left nut to install these?

Thanks!
    Gene
    bt2580
    bt2580

Sub install? Empty Re: Sub install?

Post by bt2580 August 27th 2009, 3:38 am

I'd charge you the right one...

What exactly do you want them to do?  I think I already know the answer, but do you have an amp to drive them?  The Bose amp is not suited to drive those...

Kicker CVR 8's are best used in an enclosure, and the trunk is definitely to much air space for them...ie they will sound muddy.  The proper way to install those would be in a box/es that is/are mounted under the rear deck.  That has it's own issues as well since the torsion bars will get in the way. 

Please tell me that you did NOT trim any sheet metal to try and install them yourself...

turkeySandwich
    turkeySandwich

Post by turkeySandwich August 27th 2009, 10:22 am

a sub enclosure would work best. Get a setup like him ^. his setup is clean.
    Gene 3.5
    Gene 3.5

Post by Gene 3.5 August 28th 2009, 2:09 am

I was told that the CVR8 subs are a great open-air sub. I was also told by nismos14 that the BOSE amp would be sufficent in powering them. Eh..

No trimming has been done, yet. Smile I wanted to replace the stock 6X9s with these. Guess not.
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 August 28th 2009, 4:13 pm

Just call me...
    Gene 3.5
    Gene 3.5

Post by Gene 3.5 September 1st 2009, 8:40 pm

Wink I now know why people are always upgrading their systems. They strive for more. I think the stereo bug has finally bitten me and I already want more. Installed the subs and they did just what I wanted them to do and that's give my OEM system a little more kick. BUT! One drawback is the crazy amount of rattle I am getting now from the car. Yikes! But the subs hit hard for being open-air currently. They may not be as crisp as other setups, or as low, or whatever but this is just a start. I'm already planning another setup which will involve replacing every single component. Smile

Sorry Bill for not calling. I've been really busy lately with work and such and even now I'm in a rush to get all of my errands done. Haha! No fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 11:41 am