NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

+5
clouderold
cdc88
danfiveten
NWNI.Org
bt2580
9 posters

To Merge or Not To Merge?

bt2580
    bt2580

To Merge or Not To Merge? Empty To Merge or Not To Merge?

Post by bt2580 August 26th 2009, 4:39 am

Awhile back many of us mentioned opening up the site to all of the Nissan FWD models. For those of you that are not also members of NWMaximas, that site is no more, and has transitioned to NWNISSANINFINITI.

I attended one of their meets this past Sunday, and initially, I was the only Altima there until my wife showed up later. I have to say that I was well received by all the Maxima guys and they honestly showed some true interest in the car and it's mods. Many of the members there that day are a little older and have families like many of us do. All in all, a good experience and a good meet.

They have asked me to come aboard and have made a home on their site for the Altima already. They have also put me in as a moderator for that forum. Should we move our site to there? We have talked about something similar here, but why reinvent the wheel. This also opens things up for larger meets that more can be involved with.

Post up any thoughts, etc.

B
    NWNI.Org

To Merge or Not To Merge? Empty Re: To Merge or Not To Merge?

Post by NWNI.Org August 26th 2009, 7:20 pm

I vote yes Laughing

Actually you'd all be welcome just as you were all welcome at NWMaxima, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel or steal members from any other forums, we're just looking for Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts.

We're trying to avoid the incredible shrinking group syndrome which we all see coming quicker and quicker as we see more kids that don't know how to work on their cars unless there's a shop involved.

Mods are not stick on portholes on a fender, big exhaust and lots of stickers.

We just want to keep the spirit of enjoying your car and getting your hands greasy so you can show off your car the next week alive and well in the Northwest.

That's my two cents on the matter.

Nozama/Chris
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 August 26th 2009, 7:25 pm

NWNI.Org wrote:I vote yes Laughing

Actually you'd all be welcome just as you were all welcome at NWMaxima, we're not trying to reinvent the wheel or steal members from any other forums, we're just looking for Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts.

We're trying to avoid the incredible shrinking group syndrome which we all see coming quicker and quicker as we see more kids that don't know how to work on their cars unless there's a shop involved.

Mods are not stick on portholes on a fender, big exhaust and lots of stickers.

We just want to keep the spirit of enjoying your car and getting your hands greasy so you can show off your car the next week alive and well in the Northwest.

That's my two cents on the matter.

Nozama/Chris

Ahem...Slightly biased opinion here...LOL:roll:

NWNI.Org

Post by NWNI.Org August 26th 2009, 9:27 pm

Completely biased not slightly. Laughing

Just making sure my view on it is out there so the members here know what to expect.

I'd also appreciate if everyone came and posted a few posts and read some threads both at the new site NWNI.Org/NWNissanInfiniti.com as well as at NWMaxima.com which is still in it's death throes.

It will give you an idea of the enviroment before you make a decision.

danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten August 26th 2009, 9:35 pm

Well id like to see this forum stay up and running, but i wouldnt mind becoming part of their forum as well. I say we suppourt their forum as well, but also keep our little club as well, there are some people out there that just want clubs around their cars...im not one of them since i have all different kinds of nissans lol. Plus i like having my mod powers and being one of the first few people here Smile
    cdc88
    cdc88

Post by cdc88 August 27th 2009, 2:41 am

i think it would be great.
    maybe one day there will be a meet closer to my town or something
    clouderold

Post by clouderold August 30th 2009, 6:33 am

I think it's a good idea. This forum doesn't have quite enough traffic :/
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 August 30th 2009, 6:53 am

Chris, if you read this, what was the registered user count on NWMaximas? We have 60 registered users at this time.

I am really on the fence on this topic and am looking to more input from the rest of you. Although if you really look at the originators of all of the posts on this site, most of those have already chimed in here.

Personally I enjoy the freedom that standing alone gives us, but on the other hand, the car enthusiast bug applies pretty much universally across the board. When it comes down to it, the other Nissan/Infiniti models are all seeing modding trends, and any of those people are truly kindred spirits to us. With the capability of having our own place to post the topics that are pertinent to the Altima on the NWNI site, we can still keep our group together and 'in touch'.

I may actually recommend that if a merger were to happen that NWNI announce that it truly is a blend of NW Maximas and Altimas.
    vintageroy13
    vintageroy13

Post by vintageroy13 August 30th 2009, 8:24 am

i say go for it. hell get the sentras to join in too. think of it more as a fwd 4 door nissan club---all the 240's and 350's can go eat a big fat hotdog
    GraniteMax
    GraniteMax

Post by GraniteMax August 31st 2009, 3:42 am

vintageroy13 wrote:i say go for it. hell get the sentras to join in too. think of it more as a fwd 4 door nissan club---all the 240's and 350's can go eat a big fat hotdog

The idea of NWNI.org isn't to exclude certain types of cars.  True, the majority of members now are maximas and if you fellas join, altimas.  But the site allows all nissan/infiniti to join.  Don't go into it expecting an all FWD group.

And about nwaltimas merging...There's nothing wrong with having this site and the nwni.org site. Don't feel like it's a must. You can be part of both. We can still get together on that site and have big meets. 
    turkeySandwich
    turkeySandwich

Post by turkeySandwich August 31st 2009, 8:16 am

wouldnt this site be similar to nissanclub and the others. I liked having nwaltimas for just altimas. Get some good info. Bill can you post some picks of your old amp rack. I am going to have a shop make me one.
    Gene 3.5
    Gene 3.5

Post by Gene 3.5 September 1st 2009, 8:41 pm

Altimas > Maximas any way. Razz

I say keep both separate.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten September 1st 2009, 11:26 pm

I say we can do both, be part of the maxi group, and keep ours as well. I like both.
    GraniteMax
    GraniteMax

Post by GraniteMax September 1st 2009, 11:38 pm

danfiveten wrote:I say we can do both, be part of the maxi group, and keep ours as well. I like both.
    NWNissanInfiniti.com isn't a maxima group. It's meant for all nissan and infiniti cars, trucks, whatever. Right now it seems like a maxima group because nwmaxima.com is merging into nwnissaninfiniti.com. There will no longer be a NW maxima group. So, most of the maxima members joined nwni.com. Over time there will be more of all models nissan/infiniti.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten September 1st 2009, 11:47 pm

^ i know im just saying maxi group because i was to lazy to look up the groups name lol.
    GraniteMax
    GraniteMax

Post by GraniteMax September 2nd 2009, 12:06 am

danfiveten wrote:^ i know im just saying maxi group because i was to lazy to look up the groups name lol.
    Oh..gotch ya.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten September 6th 2009, 9:04 pm

You know what guys lets just do it. The club would be bigger, more fun to visit and see whats posted. The mods i was told by the admin for nwni will carry over, lets just do it, at least we will have a altima section there, and it wont be NORTH WEST NISSANS, and all rwd lovers only club. I vote for yes.
    vintageroy13
    vintageroy13

Post by vintageroy13 September 13th 2009, 10:06 am

sounds good to me but can we make the format of the page more like this one cause layout on nwni sucks---no offense but this is way easier to use. that is why i havent signed up on there yet.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten September 13th 2009, 2:37 pm

It takes some getting used to, but in the long run i kind of like their format after figuring it out. I know what you mean though, at first i was like wtf.
    bt2580
    bt2580

Post by bt2580 September 16th 2009, 3:00 am

If you guys recall how this one was in the beginning, it was not very good either. It took me a whole day to rearrange everything and make it what it is today...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 11:09 pm