NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

5 posters

having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone?

YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone? Empty having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone?

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 18th 2009, 8:36 pm

i have 22s on my car and when i first put them on it was rubbing ALOT! in the back (only in the back) i recently added a 2inch lift kit on the back but i dont like the way it looks, it looks like my car is at a slant, the rear is really high and the front is normal. i am wondering what i can do to take off the 2inch lit off and just ride normal without it rubbing. any ideas?
    clouderold

having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone? Empty Re: having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone?

Post by clouderold May 18th 2009, 8:40 pm

Have you had your fenders rolled?

Or you could buy air suspension Smile hahaha
    shot_calla
    shot_calla

having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone? Empty Re: having trouble making my 22s fit. solution anyone?

Post by shot_calla May 18th 2009, 8:47 pm

Yeah rolling the fenders should help a little. What are your rim and tire specs? Offset?

Do you have any other suspension mods? Getting a rear sway bar and rear endlinks may help stiffen the rear up and not rub as much.

But if you're wheel and/or tires are just too wide, there may not be any solution other than lifting or getting different rims.
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 18th 2009, 8:56 pm

the thing with rolling my fenders i heard that i might chip the paint. air bag suspension wouldnt work either because i would have to ride with it high so it wouldnt rub and i dont like to ride high. i dont know what the off set is off the top of my head
    shot_calla
    shot_calla

Post by shot_calla May 18th 2009, 10:30 pm

How about rim width and tire size?
    NocturnalChaos
    NocturnalChaos

Post by NocturnalChaos May 18th 2009, 10:58 pm

Im not sure if this helps any,but I have 20's on my car and I can remember ordering my rims on a 40 offset knowing thats what I needed to not rub,then when I first got my wheels they would rub any time I went around a bumby corner or hit a dip in the road,so I was told to roll my fenders.No one in town would touch my car,because yes alot of times the paint will chip,so my husband took on the job on himself and did a wonderful job,no chipping.But my wheels still rubbed,I was so frusterated! We went back to Les Schwab and talked to them and come to find out they had ordered the wrong offset and thats why they were rubbing,so we got the right offset of wheels and made the decision to lower it thinking it would help.And it did help tremedously.With my car lowered when I go around a bumby corner theres no room for the car to sway up and down,it just kinda sits so theres no rubbing. Yours are bigger and so Im not sure,but my wheels are 8 1/2 inches wide with a 40 offset and a 245-35 tire.I do know my wheels that rubbed were a 30 or 35?? offset.Good Luck,hope you figure out how to fix it.Maybe you should trade down into some 20's,I know that works:-)

Last edited by NocturnalChaos on May 19th 2009, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    9594Altima
    9594Altima

Post by 9594Altima May 19th 2009, 5:43 am

Just an Idea? Just putting this out there no hard feeling but you could get rid of those ridiculous 22s and go with a 19? lower your car? I think most will agree with me??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 10:07 pm