NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

4 posters

Airbag Suspension

clouderold

Airbag Suspension Empty Airbag Suspension

Post by clouderold May 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm

A friend of mine has airbag suspension for an 02-06 Altima, minus all the air hoses. Compressors, Tanks, and Bags are there.. If anyone's interested let me know. He originally paid around $2300 and is looking for $1200.

Will

EDIT: THE REAR BAGS WILL NOT FIT AN ALTIMA - because of this the price is now $1100 (Bags are $80 for 2 for the rear for an altima)
    Here are the part numbers:

2 - Viair 380c
    1 - 4 gallon pancake tank
    1 - needle gauge
    1 - AVS 9 switch box
    8 - SMC 3/8 200psi valves
    2 - 200 PSI switches

NEED : 2 rear bags, hoses and fittings.

Hoses and fittings are anywhere from .25 cents a foot for hose to $2 a foot, not sure about fittings but i'm sure they're only a few dollars a piece. You'll need probably around 50 feet of hoses i'm guessing???? probably less. So I'd say all the hoses and fitting would probably be under $100 even if you get really big hose. The bigger hose that's around $2 a foot will let you jump it etc, and make it drop/raise faster.

Last edited by clouderold on May 7th 2009, 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Airbag Suspension Empty Re: Airbag Suspension

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 5th 2009, 6:56 am

o shits! thats exactly what i need! how much does the air hose run!
    9594Altima
    9594Altima

Post by 9594Altima May 5th 2009, 4:37 pm

yeah tucking 22s with air bags should be fun
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 5th 2009, 5:39 pm

what you think it wont work or what?
    9594Altima
    9594Altima

Post by 9594Altima May 5th 2009, 5:47 pm

Im just thinkin that it would be tight, and you might have to do some serious modification so i think it would be fun
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 5th 2009, 7:30 pm

dam so you think if i buy air bags that im gonna have to do hella modifications so they even work right?
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 5th 2009, 9:35 pm

You shouldn't have to do mods to make it work, but to be able to SLAM it to the ground when you park etc you'd probably have to cut into your fenders and stuff. The airhose shouldn't be that bad, but i'd recommend going full stainless.. Maybe a few hundred bucks??? Anyone know?? He decided to keep his stock suspension..
    9594Altima
    9594Altima

Post by 9594Altima May 6th 2009, 6:30 am

Yeah like he said if your going to like slam, otherwise i really dont think youll get much out of it but im no expert i could be wrong?
    turkeySandwich
    turkeySandwich

Post by turkeySandwich May 6th 2009, 8:31 am

http://www.airrunnersystems.com/content/products/applications/nissan
    If you look at this site under the Altima, it says that the rear needs minor modifications. Yours will probably have to have some minor work done.

Airbag Suspension 22506590021_large
    This guy did some work to fit 22s.
    here is his cardomain page.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2250659/3
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 6th 2009, 11:25 pm

Thanks for the link turkey! Looks like it's not too major..
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 7th 2009, 6:19 am

does the dude have all contents that it says that it needs besides the air hoses? i need to figure how much those are gonna run me? if i get bags i want to SLAM! it. i dont really know to much about air suspention so im working will you be able to ride with it slammed or will it rub?
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 7th 2009, 7:00 am

You'll be able to drive it as low as you can stand... Airbag suspension is sick, A friend of a friend had a truck with bags and he scraped everywhere he went, pulled up to speed bumps and lifted it up and went over them, it was awesome haha.

He has everything but the hoses as far as I know.. He paid 2300 for all this stuff it's all brand new..
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 7th 2009, 9:47 pm

SEE FIRST POST! The rear bags won't fit, price adjusted and info about new hoses etc
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 7th 2009, 11:54 pm

does the suspention make it stiff or bouncy? because im wondering if i slam it while i ride will it scrape when i go over bumps and stuff
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 8th 2009, 1:31 am

YoungAlti05Driver wrote:does the suspention make it stiff or bouncy? because im wondering if i slam it while i ride will it scrape when i go over bumps and stuff

No clue, my lincoln had airbag suspension and you'd never know. Depends on a ton of factors.. If you slam it on bags it'll be the same as slamming it on anything else, so you'll scrape but the difference is you'll be able to raise it up when on I-5 etc from inside the car, and not hit stuff
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 8th 2009, 7:14 am

o icic, ill have to look into that but im most def intrested. i just have to see what exactly im going to have to do to make it work with my 22s, because i want to SLAM! it so i just want to see what im going to have to do in terms of cutting into my fender and how much instalation will be ect, i kno instalation is gonna be A LOT!......
    turkeySandwich
    turkeySandwich

Post by turkeySandwich May 8th 2009, 9:54 am

I have a friend you hangs out at this shop in Hawaii that does a lot of air suspensions. The guy usually always uses Air Runner suspensions. I think they are from Japan. They are softer than Air Ride suspensions.

Here is a link to the thread for his work. http://www.postjunky.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7079
    Has a lot of before/after shots. Not sure about any Altima pics though. But will give you a basic idea. They pretty much do what needs to be done to get it installed.

I would say go to a shop and talk to them about it. Try find one that does this kind of install often. If I was going to get this done and was in Hawaii I would go to this shop.

Just what I found out when researching air suspensions.

You need the nice wheels to go with it. If I had about 10k i would get the suspension and get some nice wheels too. But I don't so I can just look. Good luck with this project.
    turkeySandwich
    turkeySandwich

Post by turkeySandwich May 8th 2009, 10:00 am

most likely you dont want to drive around all the time with it dropped cause you will do a lot of scraping. Maybe you can get a skid plate for the entire bottom so it won't matter. lol!
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 8th 2009, 9:43 pm

YoungAlti05Driver wrote:o icic, ill have to look into that but im most def intrested. i just have to see what exactly im going to have to do to make it work with my 22s, because i want to SLAM! it so i just want to see what im going to have to do in terms of cutting into my fender and how much instalation will be ect, i kno instalation is gonna be A LOT!......

Sure man, sounds good just let me know.. The stuff is just sitting around collecting dust.. Where do you live? I have a guy in auburn that could probably install it for you, I just asked him on price and i'll let ya know
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 9th 2009, 7:32 am

i live kent/federal way.yea let me kno asap
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 10th 2009, 4:11 am

Hey dude,

The guy in auburn doesn't have time right now. I'll call two other shops Monday when they're open (Blood is in Auburn, they're expensive but it would be done RIGHT the first time..) and another place in Ballard I have a hookup with, just not sure if they'll do the air suspension, I'll definitely let you know ASAP

Will
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 11th 2009, 9:14 pm

I talked to my friend in Ballard and he said without looking at it it would probably start at $550, and go up depending on what he needs to do beyond mounting everything etc, but he will get me a more nailed down price when he's done researching exactly what has to be done, I'll keep you posted, should have a better idea today
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 11th 2009, 9:44 pm

Some pieces have gone missing apparently, you would need two more psi guage - $60, water traps 2 x $20, psi valve 200psi switch - $20, and apparently the rear bags are $80 a piece not $80 for the set. Hoses and fittings is probably $100 - $150

since this is $280 in parts, $900 and it's yours... He has a shop that can provide all that stuff for those prices...

If you go on ebay and type in the parts that you're getting, the CHEAPEST used stuff (and this is all brand new) is around $1300 for everything.. So this really is a hell of a deal.. I'm trying to find some more info on the install for the shop, i'll keep you posted
    YoungAlti05Driver
    YoungAlti05Driver

Post by YoungAlti05Driver May 12th 2009, 7:13 am

ok man, sounds good
    clouderold

Post by clouderold May 12th 2009, 10:03 pm

YoungAlti05Driver wrote:ok man, sounds good

Having trouble finding any info on what that "minor rear modification" would be. Looks like it's not a big deal, and that estimate should hold true. Let me know what you think man!

All Parts have been found, so we're good to roll on all the pieces except the rear bags.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 11th 2024, 5:03 pm