NWAltimas

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NWAltimas

North West Altimas

+10
cdc88
Blackmobile
mad hatter
My07Altima
vintageroy13
shot_calla
Gene 3.5
clouderold
bt2580
danfiveten
14 posters

What made you decide to go ALTIMA!

danfiveten
    danfiveten

What made you decide to go ALTIMA! Empty What made you decide to go ALTIMA!

Post by danfiveten December 27th 2008, 3:06 am

Im curious what made you guys decide to get and mod a altima. For me i have always been into se-r's, all the way from my old b13 to my b14 se-r's. Ive always loved the altima body style, and when i found out they made a se-r alti i had to have one, searched for the last 2 years for a good one and finally found mine. Ive always been into different cars than following the norm with like 240's, instead i have a 510 project. I love this car, and im glad to finally be chatting with other alti owners in the same area, sinc theyre arnt to many of us.
    bt2580
    bt2580

What made you decide to go ALTIMA! Empty Re: What made you decide to go ALTIMA!

Post by bt2580 December 27th 2008, 3:39 am

In my case, I had the opportunity to drive one as a rental for a week in Alaska while up there for business with my old job. I enjoyed the car a lot, and decided that when I was in the market for a new car again, I would seriously consider the Altima. That came sooner than I thought, and I had the choice between my loaded 04 SL with 24k miles or an 05 S model. I looked at both cars side by side and found that I liked the front end of the older model better. I just think that it flows a little better in the hood, grille and headlights. The other deciding factor was that I did not like all the chrome in the 05 interior.

I decided to start modding right from the beginning. My CarDomain page outlines the progress throughout the project. Some of the mods were born from necessity...The header was installed to head off the precat issues with the 2.5. Suspension upgrades were done because I like to drive fast on windy roads. Audio is just a must.

All in all, I love my car, and it has been a great platform to mod. I still have more to do, and I am sure that I will think of more after that.
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten December 27th 2008, 3:56 am

I forgot to say as well, i also got it due to wanting to have a family, not really a good idea with a 350z or g35, the 4 doors come way more in handy.
    clouderold

Post by clouderold December 28th 2008, 12:06 am

Always loved the way the car looked, started looking and didn't think there was any chance I could afford one (I thought they were 2x as much as they were..) and stumbled upon one and was like holy crap when I saw the price. Drove it, loved it, bought a new 05, someone creamed me doing 45 when I was stopped and I was fine, went out and bought an 06 as soon as I had the insurance check..
    danfiveten
    danfiveten

Post by danfiveten December 28th 2008, 1:56 am

clouderold wrote:Always loved the way the car looked, started looking and didn't think there was any chance I could afford one (I thought they were 2x as much as they were..) and stumbled upon one and was like holy crap when I saw the price. Drove it, loved it, bought a new 05, someone creamed me doing 45 when I was stopped and I was fine, went out and bought an 06 as soon as I had the insurance check..
    We need to see some pics Smile
    clouderold

Post by clouderold December 29th 2008, 11:03 pm

danfiveten wrote:We need to see some pics Smile

Ouch.

What made you decide to go ALTIMA! 3148151641_d8d67fc942
    Dent in the hood was because they pushed me into the car in front of me, came from their trailer hitch..
    What made you decide to go ALTIMA! 3148151685_6b708eb825
    What made you decide to go ALTIMA! 3148987856_ee7ec6560a
    Pic on the stretcher was to joke with my girlfriend at the time (Yeah, we're mean. hahaha, it was just a precautionary trip since my neck hurt a little.)
    Gene 3.5
    Gene 3.5

Post by Gene 3.5 December 30th 2008, 4:19 am

To be truthful I "accidentally" slipped onto getting an Altima. I started my driving record with a '94 Pontiac Grand AM GT. Worked my way up to an '83 280ZXT and then after selling that and graduating High School started looking into getting another car. Since I had no credit back then my mom agreed on co-signing under the condition the car met her approval. So no Mustang for me, oh well. The search criteria was a 4-door with at least a V6. Tried Honda, flopped. Mazda, flop. Then finally stepped inside of a Pewter 2.5S 5-speed at the Nissan of Tacoma. GM was hassling us so we left that and headed over to Nissan of Fife where we happened upon a Ruby Red 3.5SE Automatic. Just to make it clear back then I had NO idea what the VQ35DE as let alone the capabilities it held. All I knew was that it ran smooth and was sure as hell a lot faster then my Grand AM. As soon as I got the car home and got online I found my way to Nissanclub.com and the bug hit. I soaked up every bit of information I could about the VQ35DE. That's also when I found out just how strong the VQ was. 240HP, 14 seconds in the 1/4 stock, 0-60 in 6 seconds. Just crazy! All this in a Sedan! That's when I went to work. Started with intake, then exhaust, then headers, then finally onto nitrous. That's when the limitations of the transmission smacked me straight across the face. There was no way I could be able to do what I wanted with the automatic. So I started looking for a 5speed. Found one in Everett. The only ONE! Went that day, traded in the auto, had them transfer all modifications over to the new car and was on my way. Two years later, here I am, still in love with the car. I don't think I'll ever stray far from the Altima/VQ35DE. The motor has so much potential that it feels like I've barely tapped into it.

And for any one that's wondering.. my 5speed would downright DESTROY the automatic in a race. Smile
    shot_calla
    shot_calla

Post by shot_calla December 30th 2008, 7:42 pm

I was sleeping in on a Saturday, my dad comes in to wake me up and tells me to get dressed and grab something to eat. Within an hour we come back from the Nissan dealer with my brand new 05 Altima paid in cash... He had promised me a new car when I graduated high school. But then he was laid off during my senior year after 9/11. The Altima was the best bang for the buck for what we got for $16,800 with no tax, gotta love Oregon.
    vintageroy13
    vintageroy13

Post by vintageroy13 January 6th 2009, 10:19 pm

well i have been through a few cars starting with a 1986 oldsmobile, blew the transmission on that, then i got my moms old 1989 ford aerostar minivan, upgraded to a 1992 olds cutlass supreme coupe at the end of high school, then drove my dads 1994 thunderbird with a 5.0 in it--that thing was fast, then got a 1981 olds that i was going to build a lowrider out of, then bought a 1994 civic which is where i got my root in the "import" scene--joined the navy and sold it. then i got a 1996 mitsubishi galant, and when i got promoted i said i was going to by my first new car to reward myself. i researched for like a year and it was up to a subaru wrx wagon or a altima---i loved the new look with big rims and realized that the wrx would make me go broke with all the stuff that i could do to it, so i ended up with the altima due to the big body sedan style that has been catching on over the last few years---my buddy had one on 20's with a system and i drove it and fell in love---fast enough and looked killer. bought a new 2006 at the end of 06 and drive it everyday and still love it.
    My07Altima
    My07Altima

What made you decide to go ALTIMA! Empty Me well theres a story

Post by My07Altima January 7th 2009, 5:42 pm

To start I first learned to drive a 1986 white Chevett ugly car but saved my life on more than one occasion. It had no tac but was a 5 speed it was hard to shift, felt like a flying coffin, and I grew up in that car. It was bought new when I was 5 years old, and I learned to drive it when I was 15. I drove that car until my parents bought a hundai hated it, it broke down alot but I was still mostly stuck driving the chevett.

I went in the army, and when I got out I was looking for something in life. I found a job working with my brother and needed a car, the one I ended up with was a 1992 Jetta automatic, it was my love I got married for the first time, and we needed a new car for all the driving we did, so we went up north and bought a brand new 2001 jetta TDI it was an amazing car a ton of torque. kept me out of tickets many times, it had the power, because with just an intake it screamed. In any case I dont have pics sadly, but I saw an accident on the freeway had to get out and help. I was 9 feet from the car, I heard it hit, a ford explorer traveling 90 mhp came so close to me it hit the edge of my jacket as it skidded out of control into the rear of my car some major damage to my car, but her explorer was split clean in half, both pieces rolled several times they said that if my car had not taken the impact she would have been dead she was 16, Her second accident in 2 mo. totaling both cars, she was traveling 94 MPH estimated through an accident that was visible for more than a mile before she approached. sad part was they let her keep her licence, had I been in my car, myself and my pregnant wife would have been killed instantly.

I was broke and no decent return from the insurence. We were stuck with 1993 jetta LOL long story short went to NM. it broke down in OR. on the way. The Dealer could not figure how I managed to drive it for nearly 300 miles through mountain passes with a blown rear main seal, after the expensive repairs we ended up needing to trade it in. the guys at VW got us into a beetle brand new even though we had bad credit, I have never known that kind of care, his wife bought us a ton of formula and they bought us dinner because we were running low on cash, on our way out of town we found a note from them they had pooled together and gave us 200 dollars.

from NM we came back home about 8 mo. later we struggled and ended up divorced. she got the car, and I needed something else. I was homeless at the time and a guy gave me his old beater, it had windows blown out it was a 1993 mercury station wagon based on the Tarus Wagon. any way it got scrapped and took the cash when I met my new wife we went out and started looking for a reliable form of transportation, with bad credit and no credit we were screwed no one seemed to be able to get us a car, we ended up down in seattle talking to a russian guy who in the end got us set up to drive a 97 nissan max I was not a fan at the time hated the damn car, didnt want it but they said we can can get you into it so I said what the hell, we drove it home, it had tranny problems, and once it was owned it was hit 6 times by other people almost all while it was parked, but in the time we owned our target, it grew on us.

so in early 08 we went to the mall just to look around, but there was a car sale. I wanted to go look, and at least test drive some cars, its fun more so when you know you cant afford it or buy it. We drove several, first an old ass worn out abused 00 or 01 Sentra SER and, liked the 6 speed but not the worn out tranny, we then drove a hyundai and didnt like that. I was pretty set on wanting a nissan, so we went to the tent to just see how much we could get for a loan they quoted us 25k but we didnt want to go that high. I was shocked that they could get us that, so I asked to see stuff in the 20k range, low and behold the only one in our 20k range period was a Nissan turned out to be our Altima, never in a million years did I think they could do that for us, she has been ours since. She is an 2007 Altima and even at 15% interest, its a 15% drop from where we were. I love this car it has been reliable drivable and fun, as for tuning I have always wanted the best out of what ever I have the best a car can give.

well she has been the best Ive ever had Wink LOL so now im stuck and love the car
    mad hatter
    mad hatter

Post by mad hatter January 8th 2009, 1:16 am

I had to find a car in about 2 weeks because the one that I was "given" for my 16th birthday was being "given" to my younger brother. I found it listed for $4500, drove it, liked it, researched modding it, then paid $3000. I've never looked back since.
    Blackmobile
    Blackmobile

Post by Blackmobile January 9th 2009, 7:15 pm

I saw a pic of the alti coupe and couldn't resist, it's pure sex. i got the 2.5 for fuel economy, plus nissan is a good brand. my last car was a '04 sentra spec v and had a good experience with it. i looked at the camry and the tsx, however the camry was too "family sedan" looking and the tsx was a bit out of my price range. After all, how can you say no to this:
    What made you decide to go ALTIMA! DSCF0962
    She's a looker! cheers
    cdc88
    cdc88

Post by cdc88 February 12th 2009, 8:09 pm

WHEN I WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL I WAS IN NEED OF A CAR, I WAS TO YOUNG TO GO TO A DEALER. MY DAD HAVING 5 CARS WAS STILL STINGY AS HELL. SO I WENT WITH MY UNCLE WHO HAD A REBUILT 83' TOYOTA PICKUP, THAT B**** SUCKED GAS LIKE NO OTHER, 5 MNTHS LATER I WAS IN NEED OF A MORE ECONOMIC CAR DUE TO HIGH PRICED GAS SO I WENT WITH AN SVT FORD FOCUS FROM A DEALER. 6 MTHNS LATER IT GOT TOTALED, I COULDNT RENT A CAR DUE TO MY AGE. MY COUSIN, WHO IS A TRUCK DRIVER, IS NEVER HOME, I ASKED HIM IF I COULD BORROW HIS ALTIMA WHILE I GOT MY MONEY FROM THE SVT. WHILE I WAS DRIVING IT IT HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS, TURNS OUT HE WAS SELLING IT.

I HAD GONE TO THE SAME DEALER, WE SAW A 99 SENTRA, LOOKED LIKE S***, THE CAR WAS BEING SOLD FOR 6000 WAY TOO MUCH FOR A 115K AND SHITY AS IT LOOKED.I HATED THE CAR, THE COLOR, THE INTERIOR (WICH WAS FULL OF CAT HAIR), BROKEN BUMPER, THE DRIVER SEAT FELT HORRIBLE, BREAK WAS ALSO BAD, ETC, ANY WAYS I STILL GOT IT, I HAD 2 DAYS TO RETURN IT, 2 DAYS WERE ABOUT TO PASS IN 2 HRS., I FINNALY CONVINCED MY (NOW) WIFE TO RETURN IT AND GET THE ALTI.

DAMN EVEN AM TIRED OF WRITING THIS.

GOT THE ALTI, FIXED THE SUSPENSION PROBLEMS, AND STILL WORKING ON IT
    mastercater7
    mastercater7

Post by mastercater7 February 12th 2009, 10:18 pm

I went Maxima!
    NocturnalChaos
    NocturnalChaos

Post by NocturnalChaos February 12th 2009, 10:39 pm

I think for me one car led to another,I have been through so many! I got deeply interested in the import scene about 7 or 8 years ago,we bought a 1990 Laser front wheel drive turbo started racing,adding more parts and was untouchable(in our town) it was such a blast and such a rush,then our family got bigger and the car seat wouldn't fit in the back,so it had to go! when times were a lil rough I ended up in a dodge neon(that I actually fixed up),then sold that to get into a 1996 Jetta which was a FUN car(you can find it on cardomain)18inch Alba wheels,lowered,body kit,full carbon fiber wing,ect.My husband kinda felt he wanted to get out of the import scene and start spending our money on more important things so we sold the Jetta and bought a 1998 Chevy Taho,yes a flipping chevy,I hated it,my husband lowered the Taho and bought me 22inch chrome rims,it was hot,but still not the same.After the gas got up to close to $4 a gallon,I said enough is enough,so he took me to a Nissan dealership. I took one test drive in a 2005 Sentra SpecV and loved the power and get up and go it had,so we bought it and 4months later took a trip to Tacoma where we bought another DSM(just a toy),and realized that the spec V was way to small for us,So we looked at the Altima's and I fell in love with them there hot looking and great on gas(I got the 2.5 just for that reason),we decided to buy new and I was so thrilled to pick out the color! As most all my cars for years were white.I am so glad I bought my Altima! Very Happy
    95GXEjessieeee
    95GXEjessieeee

Post by 95GXEjessieeee May 13th 2009, 12:56 am

ahah wellll.

my very first car i got as a christmas gift from my aunt, 1987 5spd toyota tercel. i swear it had 5 different colors of rust, it was a damn ugly car, but my first, and for some reason i loved it to death.

a year later we moved from auburn to olympia, and my aunt took her car back.. i don't remember why.. but it was pretty much the lamest thing ever ahah.

so, after the move. having no car i drove my moms honda passport around everyday as my own. my mom works as an apartment manager in the complex we live in so she rarely drives.

a couple months after living here, my moms boyfriend had bought a new chrysler sebring and let me take a hold of his 99 mitsubishi eclipse. god how i loved that eclipse. it was so damn sexy. i had so much planned out for it.. but there were a few things bothering me, the one dent on the side drove me insane, and the fact that the car is so damn low whenever i went over a speed bump it hit the ground. the car was fast, and so much fun. but i started looking on craigslist for a trade, something i might like better.

i saw the 95 altima gxe and i liked no dents=D and the four door was a plus, i'd get sick of lifting my seat all the time to let my friends into my car. i took it for a test drive and the car seemed to go faster than my eclipse did which was probably the big reason i traded ahah. the stupid girl who traded with me though pretty much didn't tell me anything about what was wrong with the car though..
    i later came to find out that the glove compartment is completely broken.. falls right off when you open it, the stereo didn't get hooked up right so once you turn the car off the stereo keeps going and you have to manually shut it off, i needed to get a new starter, alternator, engine, tires, and battery installed.

that itself was about 2 grand i needed to repay my mom for.

at one point i got really pissed and didn't even want my car anymore, but with all the new parts i couldn't just go out and get a new car after pouring so much money into this so i started growing on it. and as of now i'm still making it meet my standards but it's been running strong lately other then the damn power windows and locks=[

they only work sometimes ahah it's really damn irritating.
    9594Altima
    9594Altima

Post by 9594Altima May 13th 2009, 5:43 pm

Sounds like a Lemon, but hey its a Gen 1 you have to expect those problems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 2:24 pm